Monday, October 25, 2010

Pretzel Maker, Smashburger and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory

Our family needed to go to St George for business related things, so we decided to take advantage of the fact that, as a family, we haven't all been together in St George for years.  We knew there were restaurants that we haven't tried.  So instead of trying a new recipe like we do every Monday, we decided to try new places to eat!  The kids never argue about eating out.  ☺

Due to being there for such a long time, we needed a snack so we headed to the mall.   N (the 15 year old) was excited about going to a mall.  He LOVES malls.  I had to warn him that the mall there is small compared to the ones he went to in Maryland.  He didn't care.


 Here is N, L, R, and J.  ☺

 First stop:  Pretzel Makers.
 N with his pretzel bites and pizza sauce!  Slurp!


 L with pretzel bites with caramel sauce.  Double slurp!


 Dad trying N's pizza sauce.


 Dad with nacho cheese!   Oh yeah!  


 J with his ranch pretzel.  Which, by the way, was really good.  And I don't normally like ranch flavored things, except for salad dressing.


Me with a pretzel bite and vanilla glaze.  Now this was my favorite. ☺


R wanted a pretzel dog.  I didn't taste it, but she thought it was awesome.


There was this weird cushion thingy that the kids had to lay on.  Well, N didn't want to, but I coerced him into at least laying down.


N giving J some "beef stew."  If you are one of the few who don't know what "beef stew" is, you need to check out this movie.


 For dinner we went to Smashburger!  We learned about this place to eat from watching Unwrapped and were thrilled to see it in St George.


 J can't wait!


 R enjoying some orange soda.


 L loves milk!


N just chillin'.


 Not our food....


Still not our food....






 We are waiting for our food.  We are #5!!



 L is a silly little girl.  I have NO idea where she gets it from.


 R is cranky as could be.  She needs food.




 Here is my burger and some Veggie Fries.  They consist of fried carrots, fried green beans, and fried asparagus.  My favorite was the asparagus.  Even N liked the carrots and he is not a fan of veggies.  My smashburger was on their spicy chipotle bun.... and wow, were they spicy!  I took the jalapeños off before eating, so I know it wasn't those little guys spicing up my mouth.  Either way, it was very tasty. 


 Underneath all that lettuce and haystack onion strings is Dad's smashburger.  He ate every bit. We had a side order of haystack onions which was a huge hit with the whole table.  Even the kids who do not care for onions LOVED these and I should have bought two side orders.  Mental note for the future: either order enough for everyone or go alone and eat all of them for myself.  I am leaning toward the latter... ☺


 N got his favorite: bun, beef, cheese, and BACON!  Also, he got the smashfries which are seasoned with rosemary, olive oil and garlic.  He fell in love with them.


R got a smashburger with just ketchup, mustard, and lots of pickles.  She ate the whole thing!


L is the baby of the family and still enjoys chicken strips.  However, they were really good and she ate almost all of her food by herself.  That is saying something, because she is skinny and has a small appetite.


 J got a smashchicken with just cheese.  He put ketchup on it much to my gagging dismay.  In my mind, chicken is not good with ketchup!



After dinner, we headed over to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  We were so tired and on our way home after this, so I was not as camera happy.   But I got a couple pictures:

 Mmmmm, caramel apples.  J ended up getting the M&M one and R got the one you can barely see, it is the ones just under the M&M ones: an avalanche caramel apple.


 This was the awesome guy who was dipping all the apples.  He was so funny.


He cracked us up because while he was putting the apples away, Dad told him that we were expecting candy to be thrown around at us because we watched "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" the day before.  He grabbed some chocolate gold coins and started chucking them at us.  We each got one.  It was fun.  


Here is the lady who got us our chocolate.

Remember how I said I didn't take a lot of pictures?  Yeah, that is it.  Since it was dark and we were on our way home after this, I didn't take a picture of what we got and heaven knows the chocolate didn't make it home.  So I will just tell you what we got.  Dad got a white chocolate macadamia bear.  I got a hazelnut truffle, a milk chocolate hunk of rocky road, a piece of English toffee, and a peanut cluster.  (Did I mention before that I am a chocoholic?)  N got some while chocolate M&M bark.  J got the M&M caramel apple.  R got the avalanche caramel apple.  And L got the huge dark chocolate peanut butter cup.

It was not a cheap day, food-wise, but it was a blast to hang out with each other and eat good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment